Monday 6 September 2010

Back to Reality

The kids are back to school/college here today and my journey times into work will be back to double what they were over the summer! Still that means more time to write this blog, lol, so every cloud has a silver lining.

My card today is probably my favourite to date, I love the pink and green colour combination. I used quite a number of the new things I bought at the craft show including one of the Martha Stewart deep edged punches called Garden Trellis (I got it at an absolutely bargain price too; I do love a bargain!)

The background paper is one from the Papermania 'Summer Bloom' stack. The MS punched edge strip is embellished with Mrs Grossman's paper stickers ' Vintage Lace' that have been in my stash forever, I love them. I don't know what I'll do when they eventually run out as I think they have stopped making them.

The image is Unwrapped Tilda, which until recently I regarded as purely a Christmas stamp but I think it works well here. Again I coloured her some time ago so I can't give you the colours I'm afraid. I will try better in future but for now I have approx a dozen more images already coloured waiting for their cards, lol, so no change for a while.

The flowers are from WOC (a hot pink 30mm rose and pink two tone cherry blossoms) and I've embellished the stem spirals with 4mm pink crystal bicone beads to tie in with the wired pink crystal drop stems in the arrangement. The foliage was punched using a new punch I got from the show which gives 3 different sized foliage sprigs with every punch. It's wonderful and I love it already but it's very, very stiff; I have to stand on it to get it to work, lol, I'm not kidding.

Finally the corners of the card are finished with large pink faux pearls and I've used a sentiment which is stamped using a Catslife Press greetings seal.

My next card will be an image that I coloured with Prismacolor pencils instead of Copics. I love the look that it gave but see what you think.

Thanks for reading, Julie

No comments: