Tuesday 14 September 2010

How time flies!

I can't believe that over a week has passed since my last posting, how quickly time flies.  
I had a bit of trouble with the Prismacolor image.  Disaster struck when I decided to get a bit clever and use some Ranger crackle glaze to give my image a really aged look.  So last Tuesday morning at some ungodly hour, before I set out for work, I applied the glaze and left it to dry on my crafting desk.  
Oh, dear, when I got home from work it had worked a bit too well, lol.  My craft group all thought that it was too badly crazed to use and reluctantly I had to agree with them.  I'm gutted that I ruined a nice image, still that's the beauty of a rubber stamped image, just start again.



This is "Strawberry Tilda" who is a very recent addition to my stamp collection. She is coloured using Copic markers


Skin: E000; E00; E02 and R11
Hair: E31; E33; and E35
Hat: Y00; Y11, Y15; and YG23
Dress: YG00; YG03; YG23; and C1
Socks: C1
Shoes: R05; R17; and R29
Flower: YG23; Y15; G94; and G21
Watering Can: R05; R17; and R29


The designer background paper is by Cosmo Cricket from their "Garden Variety" Mini Deck. I love these papers; they are my most recent purchase from Sir Stampalot.
I used a Martha Stewart punch "Layered Circles" on bottle green cardstock to make the 'ribbon' across the middle and I've used a Mrs Grossman paper sticker " Embroidery Paper Whispers" to decorate it.
A 10 cm heart-shaped paper doily that I found on eBay has been layered underneath. You wouldn't believe the number of shops I have dragged my poor husband round, trying to find doileys small enough to use on the front of my toppers.
The 'Garden Notes' seal stamp has been stamped using Anna Griffin's Paris Nights stamping ink in sage green.  I think it gives a nice touch.
The red organza ribbon has been embellished with a bead cap, yellow pearl brad and a silver tone strawberry charm.  The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and the centre rose started out as a plain ivory colour but I coloured it with the copic marker YG23 to match the colours in the topper.  The flower spirals have been finished with a faux pearl bead.
The sentiment reads "With Love"; its from my stash but I think I got it on an A4 sheet from The Range.  There were 3 sheets in the pack, a gold, silver and purple foiled sentiment sheet but I can't remember the make of them.

Well that's all I have for now,
Thanks for reading,

No comments: