Saturday 25 September 2010

Autumnal Sunshine

I hope you're all having a wonderful weekend.  The weather here today is fantastically bright if not a little bit on the chilly side.  Autumn is definitely here!!

My Mother-in-Law loved the easel card that I made for her birthday and the box that I made for it turned out well, considering it was the first box that I had ever made.  I will definitely not shy away from making them in the future, it turned out to be a lot easier than I thought and it was fun!!

I've quickly whipped through all of my cleaning so that I can get to my crafting desk later on without feeling too guilty (although if I'm honest I'm feeling less and less guilty about it, lol).

I visited my local market earlier today and spent far too much money on a few crafting bits which I'm going to be playing with very shortly. 


Today I have this card to show you. . . she is Butterfly Tilda and she is still one of my favourite Tilda's. 


I had such fun making this one and for once I did make a note of the Copics I used:

Skin: E000; E00; E02 and R20

Hair: E33; E47 and E49

Dress: Y00; Y06


Wings: BV02; BV13; YG03; YG23 and YR06

Shoes: YG03; YG23; C3

Socks: C3

The wings and dress are glittered using Stickles Star Dust

The background paper is from Kaisercraft; its the "Utopia" collection which is just lovely.  The photo doesn't really pick it up but the flower stems are heavily glittered.

I used a 'swirl' stamp to embellish the plainer green background paper.  The ink is Anna Griffin 'Old Paris'.

The background is also embellished with white paper medallions from Mrs Grossman.

The 'fly' definition stamp is from Catslife Press in the USA, very unusual, I'm sure you would agree. 

The edges of the die cut frame has been distressed with Distress Ink "Shabby Shutters".

The rose and cherry blossoms are from Wild Orchid Crafts and the flower stems have been spiralled and finished with pale green crystal beads.  These are far more sparkly in 'real' life than they look in the photo. 


I wish I had a talent for photography, lol.   The card is finished with a creamy yellow organza ribbon and pearl brad.

Thanks for reading,

No comments: