Saturday 4 September 2010

Manchester Stitch & Creative Crafts Show

Well after waiting for this show at Manchester Central for what seemed to be the longest time, I’m now back home and my purse is a lot lighter, lol!

What a lot of bargains to be had and so many demonstrations to see given by very talented people. If I hadn’t have been with my lovely husband, who did his very best to look interested, bless him, I could have spent the whole day there. I saw lots of people from the “telly” and some stunningly wonderful cards.

I’ve decided that I have got to go next year as well but I have told my husband I am starting a craft fair fund, so that the next time I go I won’t have to pick and choose what I buy. I’m going to make sure I have plenty of funds to buy whatever takes my eye (now doesn’t that sound like a spoiled brat!)

I really had a good time despite being full of a cold.

I’ve gathered lots of new goodies, amongst them 3 new Martha Stewart punches, which I am sure in the fullness of time I will use to create the cards, which will be appearing here shortly.

But until then I have this . . .

This is Honey Bee Tilda. My daughter coloured the image weeks ago so I haven’t got a hope of naming the pens she used. Didn’t she do a good job though? I think so is so sweet.

She is glittered up with Stickles Stardust and distressed using Distress Inks in Antique Velvet.

The background paper is from my stash and I have totally forgotten whose it is but I think that it’s a BasicGray paper; maybe someone could help me out with this??

The punch I used is an old geo-punch (it cuts squares, triangles, hexagons etc as well as borders), I think that it’s called Glory, or something like that. I haven’t used it for ages and ages, so I though I would dust it off, lol!

The tag was made using a Hot off the Press template sheet and again edged with the punch and distressed with the same ink as the image die-cut shape. I’ve attached a small piece of pink Ric-rac as decoration. The “fly” stamp is from Catslife Press and it’s printed with Versafine ink in black. I used the second image technique for this so I didn’t get a quite so dark image but kept all of the fine detail of the stamp.

The flowers are from a card kit that I bought in the early days of getting into making cards and I've decorated the spiralled stems with little lilac butterfly gems. I had a go at some faux stitching too but I'm not sure how successful that has been. I can't decide whether I like the effect or not. The lower corners of the card are decorated with pink faux pearls.

All this is finished off with a pink grosgrain ribbon and round diamante buckle.

Thanks for reading,

No comments: