Wednesday 15 September 2010

Tilda with Parasol

I've been busy trying to get ahead of myself with toppers so that I don't have huge gaps of time between blog posts.
I haven't been too successful so far; its not for want of trying but something always comes up that stops me from spending time at my crafting desk.  The bathroom sprang a leak at the weekend which needed urgent attention.  My daughter who has been at home for a month between flat rentals is moving out again next weekend so that will be a busy time.  One day, I have promised myself, I will have a quiet life, lol!

Anyway today I have this to show you.  She is "Tilda with Parasol". 



She is coloured with Copic Markers:

Skin: E000; E00; E02; and R20
Hair: E33; E35; E57
Hat: BV00; BV02; BV17; E53; E31; E33; YR02; and G14
Dress: BV00: BV02; BV13
Parasol: E71; E21; YG11: YG03; and G14
Shoes: YG11; YG03; G14; C1; C3; and C5
Socks: C1

The background paper is from Kaiser Craft from their Lilac Avenue Collection; they're soooo yummy that it's a shame to use them.  It's one of those stacks that you just want to look at, admire and drool over !
The shapes have been cut using Spellbinders Nestabilities of one description or another.  The central oval has been embossed with Spellbinders Embossibility "Butterfly" on cream pearlescent card.
The tag shape is from the Lilac Avenue Collection too and I've embellished it with some green cabochon gems. 
The Happy Birthday sentiment is stamped using Anna Griffin Paris Nights stamping ink in a vintage purple shade.  This stamp gets so much use !

The flowers are from a few different sources; the central rose is from Hobbycraft.  They have a great selection but unfortunately I don't get to stock up very often as my nearest outlet is so far away.
The other roses and lilac gysophila are from Wild Orchid Crafts and eBay.
The organza butterfly is from a set that I bought from Tesco (of all places!!!) and they were on a 2 for the price of 1 offer . . . every little helps, lol.
The lilac organza ribbon is embellished with a flattened silver tone bead cap and the heart charm reads "made with love".
I love this image and will use her again, I want to try to achieve a softer effect with her next time I think.

Well that's all for now,
Thanks for reading,

No comments: