Wednesday 29 September 2010

Tilda Unwrapped

The weather here has taken a definite turn for the worse.  Horrible, wet, dark and grey, just the sort of weather that will send you scurrying to your crafting desk . . . so that's OK with me, lol.

This is another of my Christmas Topper makes.  I think I might make this one up into a finished card for my Aunt who lives in Salisbury.

The image is Tilda Unwrapped and I think she is so sweet and not just for Christmas (although I used to think so).

She was coloured a while ago so I can't remember the copic colours that I used (sorry).  She has small clear gems in her hair and her gift wrap paper is heavily glittered with Stickles Star Dust.

The designer background paper is from Kaisercraft "Dear Santa" collection.

I've used a paper doily in the background to give some extra uumphh.  The paper "ribbon" which is stuck across the stamp is made with a Martha Stewart punch.  I think it's called Double Loops or something similar.


The die cut rectangle was made using a Marianne D Creatables die and the tiny pearls which I've used to decorate it were originally from a nail kit of all things
The green 'foliage' shape is actually another Marianne D Creatable die "Snowflake1" and again I've decorated the tips with the same small clear gems that I put in Tilda's hair.

The single rose is from Wild Orchid Crafts and I've glittered it using Stickles Star Dust.  As usual I've spiralled the flower stem and added a faux pearl bead.

I really must crack on with my Christmas cards now as I have so many family members to make for.  They didn't get handmade ones last year and it was noted, lol, so this year I will have to make the extra effort.


I need to come up with some good ideas for them though, I want them to have the wow factor, lol !!

Some research needed I think . . . speaking of research I didn't really find anything useful on YouTube about colouring Magnolias using Distress Inks so I think it's going to be a bit of trial and error (learning the hard way, lol).

I'll let you know how I get on.

Well that's all for now,
Thanks for reading,

No comments: