Tuesday 21 September 2010

Wonderful Autumn Sunshine


I have a bonus day off work today and the weather is glorious at the moment so I have decided to be very productive and get lots done today. I've got lots of errands to run but I'm also hoping to get creative later on, we'll see how the day goes!

It's been a really good day so far . . . a new Magnolia stamp and some charms from Hong Kong arrived in the post. I do like getting goodies first thing in the morning, lol!

This is an easel card that I made at the weekend for my mother-in-laws birthday which is on Friday. I know I shouldn't really post it until after the event but I'm pretty sure that she isn't a blog fan so the chances of ruining the surprise of the card are pretty remote. I'm making a presentation box later on today for it, well that is I'm going to try to make one. I've never done one before so I'll let you know how I get on.

The image is Tilda with Ladybug (obviously) which my daughter coloured for me with Copic markers some time ago. She is liberally glittered using Stickles Star Dust.  I must go through bottles of the stuff, lol!

I've stamped and glittered some swirl patterns into the background of the die cut oval shape.

The designer paper is from My Mind's Eye 'Pretty Please' and they are delicious. I really must buy another pack before they become impossible to find. I've just put that on my every growing wish list, lol!

The punched edge was created with a Martha Stewart punch that I can't remember the name of. I've started to put a paper label on the bottom of these punches as I buy them because once they are out of their packaging there's no way to identify them . . . maybe someone at EK Success should suggest moulding the name into the plastic, lol!  The paper ribbon is finished using Mrs Grossman's paper lace, love, love, love it.


The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts of course (another order going into them soon, lol). The flower stems have been spiralled and they've been finished with a faux pearl bead. I do like this, it gives them a finished off look I think.

The ribbon and buckle came in a bargain pack from Tesco of all places and the same ribbon has been used for the bow. The bow has been finished using a flattened bead cap and a lovely ladybird (ladybug) charm has been added to a short length of silver tone chain.

The sentiment was in a pack of three A4 sheets from The Range, which was until recently 'lost' in my stash, I luckily came across them whilst I was looking for something entirely different and I haven't stopped using them since. Does this happen to anyone else?

Well time to get on; I'm hoping to schedule a few posts to help me keep up with things better but sometimes the best laid plans go astray!

Thanks for reading




No comments: