Thursday, 7 October 2010

Another Christmas Creation

I've been craft supply shopping today (the only shopping worth doing, lol) and so I'm running a bit late with this.  I found a new shop which seems to have everything you would need.   I've been playing with the things I bought since I got back home, so no housework has been done (never mind, lol !)


This is my entry into the Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge #7 - Stitch it Up - I'm not that good with the stitching yet but with a bit of practice, I might just improve.  I would really love to win the beautiful flowers, etc on offer as a prize.

The image is Tilda with Christmas Cracker.  I think she is one of the sweetest Christmas Tildas.

She is coloured with Copic markers:

Skin: E000; E00; E02 and R20

Hair: E31; E33 and E35

Dress: E51; E53; YG63 and YG95

Hat: YG63 and YG95
Bauble: R05; R37 and Gold Metallic Promarker

Socks: C1

Shoes YG63; YG95 and C5


The designer paper is docrafts Papermania "A Silent Night" by Tina Higgins. 

The lace is from my local market and it was a silly price per metre. 

The swirls are cut out from the same paper as the background (with a Marianne D Creatable die) but it's glittered to within an inch of it's life with Stickles Crystal

The red roses are from Wild Orchid Crafts and they have been glittered with Stickles Icicle.


I gave Tilda's Christmas bauble and handle of her cracker some dimension by using some Glossy Accents; I don't know whether the camera has picked that up that well.

The green organza ribbon is embellished with a HOTP brass spacer and two "jingle bells" have been suspended from a gold tone chain.

I'm going back to playing with my new buys now.  Another post tomorrow if I can get out of the housework !!

Thanks for reading,

No comments: