Sunday 17 October 2010

Life Happens!

It feels like a long time since I sat down to put up a post.  It's been a very busy weekend for me, some nice things to do, some not so nice but I won't bore you with the details.  The good thing is I managed to fit in a little bit of crafting (thank goodness . . . it really helps to keep me sane, I find it so relaxing !)

 
This is one of the stamps which arrived last week, from the subscription to the Stamp Club at Magnolia.  I've had to delay this long to stamp her because I was waiting for some EZ Mount that I had bought from eBay to arrive.

She is Flying Angel Tilda from the Christmas 2010 collection and I think she is gorgeous.

The paper is DCWV "Rose Tinted Christmas", this stack is so nice, a change from the more traditional red, burgundies and green and soooo girlie . . . right up my street, lol.



I've matted the designer paper up onto Canford Card from Daler Rowney, a bit pricey but I love the colours available. I've used Gunmetal Grey, Dreadnought Grey and Bubblegum for this card.

I've edged all the mounts with a fine silver peel off border. I think that this gives a finished look.

 

 I've coloured her with Copic Markers:

Skin: E000; E00; E02 and R20
Hair: E21; E31 and E35
Dress: V12 and V15
Wings: R20 and RV000

The picture doesn't really pick it up but she is liberally coated with Stickles Star Dust . . . I thought that this image warranted it, lol.






 

The 10mm satin ribbon is from Dunelm Mill, they have quite a good craft selection.

 The snowflakes were made using a Marianne D Creatable snowflake die using white glitter card and silver holographic card.  I've finished them in my normal manner with a flattened bead cap and irridescent shimmer brad (from Papermania).  This is a tip which I picked up from Bev Rochester.



The sentiment is also from Papermania, I've had to look high and low for decent ready to go sentiments for Christmas this year.  Either everyone has stocked up or there haven't been many out there???

The card is finished with a liberally smattering of Papermania Irridescent Shimmer Dots . . . once I start with these I don't know when to stop, lol !!!






The inside of the card is finished with a glassine paper envelope and tag.  This is also an idea that I first saw on Bev Rochester's blog . . . I can't take any credit for it and I love the result.  A bit of an effort to make but well worth it.

I'm entering this easel card into the Just Magnolia Challenge # 77 - a sketch by Dawny, so fingers crossed for that.

Well I'm back off to my crafting area now to see what else I can get done before bedtime.


Thanks for reading,

2 comments:

Nicola said...

Yet another stunning card you have done here. Good Luck for the challenge! I have my fingers crossed for you.
xxx

Pen to Paper said...

Julie, this is so pretty! I really like the gray and pink scheme. Very cute!

Hugs,

Jackie