Friday 1 October 2010

Magnolia Down Under Challenge

Well here goes nothing . . . I'm entering my very first challenge !!! 

The Magnolia Down Under Challenge # 65 has the theme of  "Flowers and Lace".

So here is my entry.  The image is Fairy Dust Tilda from the Fairy Tales Collection 2010.  She is coloured using Copic Ciao markers:

Skin: E000; E00; E02 and R20

Hair: E51; E43 and E71

Jumpsuit: BG01; BG05 and BO2

Socks: E53 and E21

Shadow: E50

The designer background paper is from DCWV "The Pocket full of Posies" Stack.  The photo doesn't really pick it up but this paper is heavily glittered

I must ask Santa for a better camera for Christmas, lol.

I've gone around the rectangle shapes with a holographic glitter peel off. 


I've mitred all the corners to give a neat finish.



The "Believe" sentiment is a rub on from K&Co "The K Kenna Collection", so much easier than stamping, lol (but is it cheating, I don't know).

The lace is from my local market and it's secured by two lilac crystal brads from Dovecraft.  I've added some Crystal Stickles to them.

The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts, a two tone lilac 25mm rose and lilac cherry blossom, and purple aster daisies.  As usual I have added a faux pearl bead to the spiralled stems.  The foliage is punched from "Gemstone" cardstock using a Nellie Snellen branch punch.



The card is finished with flatback faux pearls in the corners.  Well I think I'm within the deadline so all I have to do now is link this into the challenge. . . easier said than done, I think, lol !

Thanks for reading,

2 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

This is just so gorgeous! Love this sweet Tilda and your lyout is perfect for her.
Thanx for joining us at MDUC this week
xXx

Peta's Blog said...

Cute card! I love the papers/colours and glitter. Thanks so much for sharing at MDUC xoxo Peta