Sunday 31 October 2010

Time Flies!!

I can hardly believe that a whole week has gone by since I last posted anything.  It is quite scary how quickly time passes me by. 
Tomorrow is my wedding anniversary and I'm posting the card that I have made for my husband (there is absolutely no danger of his seeing this before tomorrow as my husband wouldn't know one end of a blog from another, bless his little cotton socks, lol).

The image is Brother and Sister, Tilda and Edwin.  I love this little stamp; it's so versatile.

The colours I have used are:

Skin: E000; E00; E02 and R20 (for Tilda) R11 (for Edwin)

Hair: Black, C1 and C5 for Edwin
and E43; E35 and E47 for Tilda

Dress and Shoes: R00; R11; R20 and R22

Socks: C1

Edwin's Dungarees: YG91; YG63: R11 and R22

Shoes: E31; E35; E57 and C7

Edwin's Top: E50; E51 and E53



The paper is from Papermania's "Exquisite" paper collection.  The background is also made up from white glitter card.

The roses are also from Papermania "Antique Roses" collection.  I don't think my photography quite does these justice as they are soooo sparkly 'in real life', lol.

The card is finished simple with a corner of Papermania glitter gems in Aurora Borealis.  I'm so pleased with the results and I just hope my better half likes it too.  The sentiment is all saved for inside the card and is for my husband's eyes only, lol!!



I'm going to be slightly opportunistic and enter this card into a few challenges (I don't know if this is quite cricket or not, lol).

Totally Papercrafts Challenge #40 - Bling It On

Papertake Weekly Challenge - Sparkly and Bright

A Spoonful of Sugar #127 - Let's Get Punchy

Creative Card Crew - Let's Punch It

ABC Challenge - G is for Glitter

Well fingers crossed for that lot, back to making another challenge card if I can squeeze another one in before bedtime and work tomorrow. . . like I say, time flies !

Thanks for reading,

3 comments:

Nicola said...

Lovely card Auntie Julie, how does it feel to be back in blog land? hehe!
See you Tuesday Love Nicola xx

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh this card is totally precious! I love this image, and you've colored it beauitfully! Thanks so much for joining us at Papertake Weekly, and hope you join us again soon!
hugs, Sharon

Cherie said...

This is such a special card. Your colouring is awesome love it.
Thanks for playing along with creative card crew,
hugs cherie