Monday 4 October 2010

Whimsy Stamps Blog Hop

Hello, I hope you all had a Happy Monday.  I've been busy all day tidying up my crafting area (would love a craft room but it's not on the cards just yet ).

I enjoyed the Whimsy Stamps Blog Hop yesterday to celebrate the launch of their new Christmas stamps.  The DT's cards were simply stunning and although I stopped  and entered all of the blog candy draws I couldn't leave having these stamps to chance, so I went over to the site and ordered quite a number of them, lol.  I can't wait for them to arrive.  Well, Christmas is coming and this is a present to . . . me!!
The hop is running for a few days longer I think so if you haven't taken part yet get yourself over to the start at Bev Rochester's blog at All the things I love

I'm entering a couple of challenges with my card today.  The Crafty Cardmaker's Spotlight Challenge - Oriental and Just Magnolias Challenge Week 75 - Anything Goes.

When this stamp arrived and I first inked her up I thought, yuk, no I don't like her as much as my other Tildas.  I didn't colour her up for a long time, she sat in my box waiting her turn.

When I saw the Oriental themed Challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers, I thought perfect.

I got out the Copics and she came to life and once I had glittered her liberally with Stickles Star Dust  . . . I fell in love, lol.  She is stunning (all attributable to the image not me, lol!!)

 I did write down the markers I used on a piece of paper but somehow during the make they got lost.  I must have thrown them in the bin with some of the scraps.  Silly thing to do . . . I'll have a go at guesstimating them later and if I think I have a close match I'll come back and post them.  The piece of paper will turn up with a little bit of luck !!



The designer background paper is from Dovecraft Oriental Dreams.  I layered white cardstock and gold cardstock under the main paper. 

I used a contrasting strip of paper backed with gold paper to roll around a bamboo skewer to make a scroll detail in the corner.  The money token is from Hong Kong and I've threaded ribbon through the centre and secured it with a piece of bamboo skewer ( my take on oriental decoration, lol). 

The rest of the card is decorated with a number of black oriental themed peel offs, Kanban oriental sentiment stickers and gold Promaker pen.





This photo is a little blurred but it was the best I could do tonight.  The camera I use is digital but it's a really old one.

My lovely husband has bought me a new camera with a much higher resolution but I can't work out how to use it.  Don't dare let him know that I took these photos with the old one, lol.

I will read the instructions when I have time and I'm sure it will be much better than the old camera.

Anyway I'm going to get linking these to the appropriate challenge blogs so I will say goodnight until tomorrow when I have a card to enter into a couple more challenges, lol.

Thanks for reading,

1 comment:

Lin said...

Julie I absolutely love EVERYTHING about this. Style, layout, colour - everything.

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Lin xx