Saturday 13 November 2010

Believe in Miracles!

I can finally start showing you some of the commissioned cards I've been working on.  The little girl this card was made for has safely arrived and earlier than expected, lol ( mother and baby are doing well).  It's a miracle that I made it through this week at work, won't go into detail but it seemed like a very long week.
The image is a hAnglar and stAnglar stamp that I bought through eBay very recently.  I think I love these little characters almost as much as I love my Tildas . . . almost, lol.                                              

She is coloured with Copic markers; since I found a coated paper locally which allows the ink to blend more readily I am seriously loving these pens. 

I have used:
Skin: E000; E00; E02 and R20
Hair: E31 and E43
Babygrow: RV10; RV02; Y11; Y00 and Y02
Hat: Y11; Y00 and Y02


The designer paper is from My Mind's Eye "La Paperie" matted onto pale yellow cardstock.
I've used Personal Impressions "Mother's Day Pink" (how fitting, lol) embossing powder to embellish the babygrow with little dots (there's a subtle glitter in the powder).

The "Believe in Miracles" ticket sentiment is from Whimsy Stamps, again I've used the embossing powder to give a bit of glam.  The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and the 20mm yellow organza ribbon is from Dunelm Mill.
I've used mini pearl beads as buttons for her babygro and flatback 3mm pearls around the die cut shape and 5mm pearls in the corners of the card.

I'm entering this into the following:
Little Red Wagon - Do it in 3's

Well going to have a bit of a mooch around to see if there are any more challenges out there that grab my fancy and then it's back to commissioned Christmas Cards. 

Happy crafting everyone!

Thanks for reading,


2 comments:

Claire said...

What a gorgeous card - love the Hanglar image - so sweet. Hugs, Claire x

Deanna said...

Gorgeous flowers!
Thanks for playing this week!
Dee - LRW DT