Monday, 1 November 2010

November . . . unbelievable!

Well I managed to get another challenge card done last night as I was hoping that I would and this is it . . .




Tilda with a Lantern, it's one of the new Christmas 2010 stamps from Magnolia and I think that they have out done themselves this year.  There isn't a single stamp that I don't love and want, lol !

As we are (unbelievably) now in November my thoughts are well and truly turning towards Christmas and the many cards I have to make this year  for commissions, family and dear friends.  Thank goodness that Magnolia have risen to the occasion with so many delicious images to choose from.







Tilda is coloured with Copic markers:

Skin: E000; E00; E02 and R20

Hair: E21; E31 and E35

Coat and Hat: R35; R46; R59 and C1

Boots: E31; E33; E35; C5 and C1

Lantern: E31; YR02; Y15; Y17 and gold metallic promarker

Gloves: C3 and B60





The paper is from Papermania Signature Linen Paper "A Christmas Carol" - this paper collection is crammed with lovely traditional looking and textured papers in rich reds and creams.

It is matted onto Daler Rowney Canard card in Frosted Gold.

I've used Magnolia "Rustic Bench" and "Holly" stamps too.

I've stuck Papermania "Transparent" adhesive stones in opposite corners of the card and around the paper doily to accent it.

There are three colours of Stickles glitter glue used on the card, 'Yellow' on the lantern; Star Dust around the fur of Tilda's coat and Red on the holly berries.  I have also used Glossy Accents on the holly berries to give them some added dimension and super glossy finish.

I'm entering into a few more challenges with this one ( I really have missed my challenges, lol)

Sunday Sketch and Stamp - Challenge #40 - Mandy's Sketch
One Stop Craft Challenge #104 - Anything Goes
Wild Orchid Crafts - Challenge #7 Classic Christmas
Stampavie and More - Challenge #114 Christmas
Simon Says Stamp - "Punch 'Em"
I have another very welcome day off from work tomorrow and if I have time, I'm aiming to get another couple of cards done for other challenges this week . . . the deadlines are ticking down though so I must get my skates on . . . nothing changes there then, lol.

Thanks for reading,

8 comments:

Liddy said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, love the stamp, the papers, especially that doiley, but of course it's what you've done with it. Wow!

Elaine L. said...

Julie Ann, Your card is absolutely gorgeous, but I'm afraid it doesn't qualify for Mo's Challenge. You must use one of Mo's images to enter. I do hope you'll try again and share your wonderful work with us.

Claire x said...

This is an amazingly gorgeous card and a great take on the sketch. Gorgeous Tilda image too! Thanks for playing along this time with SS&S. Hugs, Claire x

Kiki said...

This is so gorgeous!

The image is so cute and your coloring is simply perfect!

Thanks so much for sharing with us at SAM.

Hugs, Kiki

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Julie I got lost in the beauty of this card for a time, just looking at everything, didn't want to miss anything, this is truly stunning work thank you for sharing it with us at OSCC this week.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Shelley said...

Wow this really looks amazing. I love the colours and all the detail. Thanks for joining in this weeks OSCC. Hugs Shelley xx

Mimiko said...

This is beautiful, love the colours :)
Thanks for joining us at SS&S.
Mira =)

Bev said...

Fabulous Christmas card, perfectly traditional. Thanks so much for joining us at WOC this time x