Thursday 20 January 2011

Not a Tilda !!!

This card was made for a young man's Christening Day a little while ago . . . and I didn't use a Tilda stamp, shock, horror!!!  I haven't made anything other than a Tilda card since May 2010, I think I need to lie down again!!!





The image is actually from Mo's Digital Pencil and when I first saw him on her site, I just had to buy him. 

The colouring was done with Copic markers:

Skin: E000; E00; E02 and R20

Hair: E11; E21; E37 and YR00

Clothing: Y00; B00 and B02

The designer paper is from DCWV Nana's Nursery "Baby Boy".  I just love the glitter on this paper.



I've matted this onto baby blue card from The Papermill (£4 per box, absolute bargain)




I've used 40mm baby blue organza ribbon across the centre of the card and blue adhesive stones to accent the ribbon and the baby's clothing.







The lower half of the easel card is decorated with blue polka dot buttons through which I have threaded 3mm satin blue ribbon.
 
The sentiment was found on the Internet.
 
I'm hoping to find some challenges to enter with this one so I'll be back later to update this.

PS. Ok so I found these challenges:

Cute Card Thursday Challenge # 148 - Recipe 1,2,3...
(One image, two buttons, three papers.

Simon Says Stamp . . .  Bingo!
(Gems, Glitter/Glimmer/ and Ribbon)

and

One Stop Craft Challenge Week # 114 - "Card for a Male"
   
Thanks for reading,

3 comments:

Shelley said...

This is just so cute!! Thanks for joining in this weeks OSCC. Hugs Shelley x

gina g said...

What a sweet card this is and i love the papers. Thanks for joining us at the OSCC this week. luv gina xx

debby4000 said...

Adorable sweet easel card, pretty colours and love cute baby image.
Lovely that you could join us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby