Monday, 17 January 2011

Wonderful to catch up!

I've had a wonderful weekend catching up with all the blogs I follow and haven't been able to look at for what seems to be the longest time.  It never fails to amaze me how talented people are and what wonderful things can be created with paper, glitter and glue.

My card today is my second for the DT inspiration at Christmas Cards All Year 'Round Challenge for January - "Anything Goes".  Nice and easy, right?  So why not have a go and get a head start on all those Christmas cards we all have to make?



It's another easel card; I really must break out and have a go at other designs : )

The image is Tilda with a Fir which I absolutely loved colouring up with my Copic markers:

Skin: E000; E00; E02 and R20

Hair: E31; E35 and E71

Dress: R00; R11; R20; R22; E71; E50; E51; E53 and E57

Boots: E71 and E77

Fir Branch: E71; E57; G21 and G94





I've also used a gold Promarker pen to add a little bit of metallic glamour to Tilda's headband.


I've used Stickles 'Star Dust' to bling up the Fir branch and the headband as well as Papermania adhesive stones in Transparent.


The designer paper is a particular favourite of mine and my heart races every time I cut into a sheet 'cos I know one day it will be gone and I won't have it anymore (is this just too sad?)
It's Papermania Silk Screened Paper "Ornate Metallic Snowflake" and I would urge you to get hold of some if you can, it really is very, very beautiful.

I've matted it onto Canford Card by Daler-Rowney in Frosted Gold, this is such a classic gold, not at all brash.

I've used a 40mm gold organza ribbon, tied rather than used for a bow.

The flowers are all from Wild Orchid Crafts of course.  I'm saving all of my pennies at the moment in order to place another order with them soon, they have such a fantastic range of products which is expanding all the time.  The photo doesn't really pick it up but they have all had a spritz of gold Glimmer Mist.

I've used a mixture of roses of varying sizes and pink cherry blossoms.  The pink pearl clusters are from Dunelm Mill for the bargain price of 89p per pack.

The pins are ordinary pearl headed pins decorated with Swarovski crystal and faux pearl beads.


The sentiment is from Kanban.

The punch I've used is from Martha Stewart, they are the best on the market in my humble opinion and there are so many that I still lust after : )

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge # 15 - "Let's Get Sentimental"

Crop Stop Challenge #2 - Add some Stickles

Stamp Something - "Anything Goes"

Pollycraft Monday Challenge #76 - Pastel Colours
Thanks for reading,

7 comments:

Vicki said...

Julie, I love the soft colors and details on your card! Thanks for playing along with our CropStop Challenge Blog!

Emma said...

Oh wow such a beautiful card, gorgeous colours & details.
Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft & good luck.
Hugs Emma x

joey said...

Hi Julie Ann

this is so gorgeous, I love this image and beautiful colourtones, thanks for sharing with us at Pollycraft

Joey x

Veronica said...

OH my gosh this is beautiful. I mean it beautiful. thanks for posting
veronica

kramer_buffy said...

Julie-ann, this is amazing!!!! wow, seriously! I like that the piece holding your easel is so tiny and thing. I might try that.

BTW, You know you could enter this card into my other challenge at http://www.pileitonchallenge.blogspot.com where you get to do our challenge and pile some extra challenges. Our challenge this week is ANYTHING GOES... and you have a good list of challenges, so you are all set up.

Thanks for playing with us at CropStop and I hope to see you play with us this week! Challenge coming up tomorrow!

-- dalis
CropStop DT

Gloria Stengel said...

Adorable Love all the pretty flowers and your lovely coloring! Thanks for sharing with us at CropStop this week.

PAC CHARITY CARDS said...

Beautiful card