Saturday 5 February 2011

An Amazing Craft Show

Well admittedly I'm one day later than promised in posting this, but what a fantastic time me and my friend Lisa had at the Manchester Stitch and Creative Craft Show on Thursday. 

The highlight of the day for me was taking part in two workshops in the afternoon, one with Stephanie Weightman and the other with Nancy Watt.  How lovely it was to find out that these two ladies are as genuinely down to earth and just as funny in person as they appear to be on the telly.   I loved every minute of it.  Have you ever met someone from the telly and been disappointed?

We both spent far too much money and had aching arms from carrying all our goodies home but it was so much fun and we met so many lovely, like-minded ladies.  Roll on September until the next one.

Today I have one of the DT inspiration cards for Christmas Cards All Year 'Round (CCAYR) to show you.

As you can see it is a departure from the usual easel card.

It was made possible by the purchase of the Hougie Board™ recently which makes measuring (which isn't usually one of my strong points) an absolute doddle and with a cutting mat slotted on top of it, it doubles as a work surface whilst I'm watching telly : )

The images are a mixture of hAnglar and stAnglar and Magnolia coloured with Copic markers


Colours:

Skin: E000; E00; E02 and R20

Hair: E53; E31 and E33

Clothing: R05; R17; R23; E50; E51 and E53

Socks: C1

Shoes: R05; R17 and R23



The designer paper is from Kanban and IRL it's so lovely with metallic foiling on an allover snowflake design but my photography skills are very limited and in the photo's they just look black!!

I kept everything else very simple, the paper does the talking : ) with just a red organza ribbon, a Christmas sentiment,  a smattering of adhesive glitter gems and oodles of Stickles Stardust.

I'm off to play with my new things from the show now and I have to make a start on my DT cards ( so the house-cleaning will have to wait : )  )

Thanks for reading,

No comments: