Thursday 3 March 2011

Long time, no post!

This is a Christmas card that was made for the March DT samples over at Christmas Cards All Year 'Round.

The theme for March is "3s", 3 designer papers, 3 brads, etc.  So nice and easy, why not enter yourself, there's a nice prize on offer this month put up by fellow Team Member, Kat.

Unfortunately I've been ill lately with 'flu and a chest infection and I was forced to submit them late . . . I absolutely detest being late with or for anything.   So I'm annoyed with myself.

I made this card using some paper from Paper Artsy, I think the set is called Rum and Raisin, it's filled with lovely and very different Christmas papers. 

I punched out some glittered vellum using my new Martha Stewart Cherish Punch around the Page set, I'm loving the look that it gives.  I used a white gel pen to produce a faux stitched look.







The decoupaged centre piece is from Nitwits Collections "Comfort and Joy" and I've layered it up and added areas of Ranger Glossy Accents to lift it.  I'm not sure that my camera has picked this up that well.












Think that you can just about make out the Glossy Accents in this shot, if you look closely.  I really must invest in some photography classes, lol.

A little silver fine border peel off and some clear adhesive stones and I called it 'done'.

Well that's all for now,
Thanks for reading,

No comments: