Friday 25 March 2011

Swiss Pixie Fairy

I think I'm experiencing a second childhood 'cos I seem to be really drawn to fairies at the moment.  I love them or is it the fact that you can glitter them to within an inch of their lives and I just like glitter???  Not sure!!


I made this for my sister's 60th birthday.  I know that it's quite a young looking image but she is a young looking 60 (extra brownie points for that one, lol)




She is a digital image and I coloured her on my computer using 'Paint' which every PC comes with.  Everything except her skin that is, I stuck to the Copic markers for her face, etc.


I've decoupaged her, the plant pot, the flower and the butterflies using Pinflair glue, love this glue, I've had bad experiences with ordinary silicone glue leaving nasty stains on some printed materials; so I don't use it any more.







I had to make an easel card for her, I'm sort of known to always make easel cards but I have been trying not to make so many recently . . . they take me so long to do.  I change my mind about layout and embellishment so many times before I settle.










Love the spring colours in this card but can't for the life of me remember which pads I pulled the papers from as I made up this project in a plastic wallet some time ago and forgot to label the details.  I'm so short term sometimes, lol.  I think it's a Kaisercraft's pad though for some reason.





Loads and loads of glitter used for her, Stickles Stardust naturally on her wings, her dress, her boots and her butterfly friends.  Oh and loads on the flower.

I was pleased with the finished and so was my sister which in my book goes down as a result.

Mother's Day cards next, 3 for commissions and one for my MIL, I'm going to be sooo busy.

Thanks for visiting me,

No comments: