Saturday 3 December 2011

18th Birthday Guest Signing Book


I was asked to make a guest signing book for an 18th Birthday party recently because the birthday girl's parents couldn't find anything suitable in the shops.   Apparently it was easy to get hold of a wedding themed book or an ordinary guest signing book but nothing else.

I hadn't made anything quite like this before so it was a bit of a challenge but I had a lot of fun.
The image is a C.C. Designs Swiss pixie digital from All That Scraps - I coloured her with Copic markers and Prismacolor pencils.  I picked out some highlights with Stickles Star Dust on her hair and cupcakes, etc.


The front of the book was made using a sheet of Kanban card which is heavily foiled.  I love the spring colours and I used the silver and the colours as my theme.  I used an 8" x 8" cardstock to give me plenty of room to decorate.
I used a Marianne Creatables die (LR0180) "Circles" to cut the outer doily in a silver mirror card and the inner circle from a toning cardstock.  This inner die, embosses the card as well as cutting it, such value for money!!
The border strip was made with the same card combination using a Martha Stewart large double edged punch "Linked Trim" through which I threaded a polka dot organza ribbon.
The corner details were punched out of silver mirror board using another of the dies in the Marianne Creatables set (LR0180)
I used silver peel off numbers and wording to create the 18th birthday sentiment and the silvered butterflies which are scattered over the front.


The first double page of the book was used to hide a secret page for the young lady's parents to create a personal page for her.  I used a Martha Stewart Punch around the Page set "Cherish" to create the page and used the corner die pieces again to make some faux hinges.  A brad and another small piece of the polka dot organza ribbon was used for the method of lifting the page easily.  I found a suitable verse on the Internet and printed it out onto some pearlised paper.


A photo of the signing pages made using the same Martha Stewart "Cherish" PATP set.  I used some circular sentiment stamps from Whimsy stamps "Birthday Letter Seals" to create the decorative elements onto co-ordinating cardstock and finished them with some flat backed adhesive stones.
I added 3 more like this with varying stamps to complete the book.


A photo from above which shows the multiple pages created for guests at the party to sign.


A look at the back page which used up the scraps of the Kanban card and finished off my maker's stamp so nicely.


Finally the box which used up the last of the pretty foiled card and finished the project nicely.
I hope that Emily liked her signing book.


I'm entering this into the following challenges:


Simon Says Stamp Challenge  - Anything Goes
The ABC Challenge - E is for Embossing
Cute Card Thursday #193 - It's just a number

Thanks for visiting me,

6 comments:

Patty Sue 2 said...

Julie,
This is lovely! Your eye for detail is amazing! I am sure this book will be cherished! Thanks for joining our challenge at ABC's. Good Luck and I hope we see you in our next challenge on the 15th!

Chris (catt871) said...

This is absolutely stunning! LOVE the roses and the papers - look awesome together! THANKS for joining us at Simon Says Stamp this week!
Hugs,
Chris

Deb said...

wow, that is amazing, you did a fabulous job and this girl will have a beautiful keepsake to treasure!
Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
have a great day, Debxx

Jenn said...

This is beautiful, I'm sure it will be treasured! I love that mirrored paper and all the sweet details you've added, thanks for playing along with us at ABC Challenges!

Digidarla said...

Love how you did the edges of your card! Great job! TFS! XXX!DigiDarla.com

PS I would be honored if you would visit my challenge blog.

Shanna Shands said...

Beautiful creation. Thanks for playing and hope to see you play our next challenge tomorrow.