Friday 9 March 2012

Silver Wedding Anniversary Card

I celebrated my own silver wedding anniversary last year and so was thrilled to be asked to make a card for a friend at work to give to her next door neighbours.

I had such fun making this card, trying a new technique for decoupage and getting to play with lots of my favourite flowers and glitter . . . it doesn't get any better than that !


I decided to make a 6" x 6"  easel card from white cardstock.
I layered matt silver grey and silver mirror card with a grey and white design paper from Kanban.


The image was found on the Internet and started life as a free colouring page.  
The characters are "Precious Friends" and I remember these adorable figures from my childhood (showing my age now).


I must warn you that this post is a bit of a photo marathon so you might want to make a cup of tea now, lol 
. . . you may be here a while, if you have the stamina, lol !


A close up of the characters again and as I said I used a slightly different method of decoupaging them after watching a YouTube tutorial on the Pollycraft blog by Marit of MMDesigns


Love the stunning results Marit's technique gives you and it was such fun doing these little sweeties.


As always the flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts, a gardenia and mixed sized roses.  
I had to remove a layer from the gardenia to make it a little smaller and then replaced the leaf section.


Hope that you are still awake, lol.  Just a little peek at the back with my logo made for me by Whimsy Stamps in America.


The card sitting in its box


Phew, last photo, told you it was a marathon.  
The matching finished box ready to be given to the special couple.

I'm going to look for a challenge to fit this card.... back soon
Right ok, I found the following: 


Papertake Weekly Challenge - Anything Goes
Totally PaperCrafts: Challenge 107 - My Favourite Things

Thanks for visiting


3 comments:

Sonia said...

Just beautiful :) Love everything about it.
Hugs Sonia xx

Wendy said...

Absolutely gorgeous, adorable image and love the flowers too.
Wendy xx

Anonymous said...

A fabulous creation, just gorgeous!
Helen x