Thursday 14 March 2013

Elegant Wedding Anniversary Card

Hello, long time no see, honestly I'm so busy at the moment I hardly notice the passing days, it's been a long time since I last posted . . . I must try harder!!!

Anyway I'm back with a wedding anniversary card I made for a lady to send to her parents on their 35th.

This was my second attempt at the card, the first design was rejected as not being good enough once I'd finished it.
It was such a shame as the project started out really well but somewhere along the creative process I took a wrong turn and so it now rests in a pile of cards which were almost good enough.

I'm a very severe self critic.  I never am completely happy with my cards.  Are you like that?


It's very ornate and made almost entirely from Crafter's Companion Centura "Hint of Gold" card which unfortunately my poor photography skill has not managed to capture.  IRL the card glistens with a golden  iridescence wherever the light catches it . . . it's a beautiful cardstock.


It's a split easel design which started life as a white 8" x 8" card blank.  

I used my fairly new Joy craft dies, I have the whole matching set and they are probably my favourites of all my dies (at the moment, lol).


The card was decorated with punched paper flowers which I shaped and layered into little blossoms.  I also punched out little butterfly shapes and layered and glittered these to scatter around the design.


This is the card nestled in its bespoke box
The sentiment was created on my PC and I left spaces to place gold peel off details.
The ribbon strip was made with a ribbon punch and ivory satin 5 mm ribbon was threaded through and finished with a little bow.


Here's my final photo of the card with it's finished box, made to match the card within with a continuation of the decoration theme.

I'm entering this into the following challenges:

Crafting By Designs - Wedding Bells are Ringing
Flutter By Wednesday #231 - Any Winged Creature
Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge #118 - Ribbon and Die Cuts
Papertake Weekly Challenge - 1-2-3 (1 ribbon/bow, 2 easels, 3 Card Candi stops)

I hope you enjoyed looking at this card as much as I enjoyed making it, please forgive my poor photography and my net curtains in the background which I've decided need a really good wash . . . time to get the Glo White out I think, lol!

Thanks for visiting with me



7 comments:

Jan said...

What an amazing card, I love your attention to detail xx Jan

Daniele said...

wow what a stunning card, just loving the flower spray
hugs

Deanne Saunders said...

Wow! A beautiful card!!! Thanks for participating in our PENNY'S challenge!! Hope to see you again next week!

~DEANNE~

Danni said...

Very elegant!Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

Cassie_lu said...

this is stunning. no, it's more than stunning. it's elegant and so very detailed. it is frame worthy. thanks for fluttering with us.

Julies Crafty Creations said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julies Crafty Creations said...

Wow this is a stunning card, I am sure your Mum and Dad will love it and will treasure it always
Can I ask if thats an embossing folder you have used underneath the die cuts (if so can you let me know what it called and who its by) or are they diecuts you have glued on, its such a pretty pattern
Hugs Julie x
juliebjenner@btinternet.com