Wednesday 20 March 2013

Red is the Colour . . . Football Edwin

Morning All,
This is a little easel card that I made recently.  It's one of my very rare male themed cards . . . I much prefer and am much more confident when making girlie cards, lol.


Still I quite enjoyed making this one.
It's made entirely from Kanban printed cardstock.

Talking about Kanban, have you heard that they have gone out of business?  I was so shocked to hear about it last Friday; how can such a popular company go to the wall?
My sisters and I managed to squeeze a very spur of the moment, fast and furious last gasp visit to stock up on our beloved favourites . . . all 50% off . . . a bitter-sweet bonus. 
We collectively bought so much (as a sort of comfort blanket!) that I was amazed when the car managed to get us all back home without it's axle breaking.
The staff were all devastated as you would expect, it seems that the companies backers pulled out at short notice and the company's directors were forced into calling in the administrators.  So very sad and upsetting . . . I hope that a suitable buyer can be found.


Back to my card - I used Magnolia's Edwin playing football, coloured as usual with my favourite Copic markers.
I replaced his drawn football though with a clipart football found on the Internet and I decoupaged it up to give some dimension.


Hopefully you can see the dimension achieved on the football in this photo.


The inside was decorated to match the front design and I added a verse I found on the Internet.


I also made a matching box with more dimensional footballs to embellish.


A last photo of the box detail.

I'm entering this into the following challenge


Thanks for visiting







5 comments:

Unknown said...

Stunning,I like everything about it your colour choice, the image it is all brilliant. Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew with our Masculine challenge Hugs Tania xx (DT)

Debs M said...

great card, so hard to make masculine cards! x

Dwie lewe rączki said...

This is lovely. Great layout and colours. So glad you shared with us this fortnight at Creative Card Crew! Hope to see you again soon!
Hugs, Yvonne

Jan said...

Thanks so much for joining us at CCC with your gorgeous card xx Jan

Melanie said...

A gorgeous male card! I can't see that you don't feel very comfortable making male cards when I look at this. It is absolutely fantastic!

Hugs,
Melanie