Tuesday 9 April 2013

Hooked on making Decoupaged Toppers

Evening All,

I just thought I would quickly pop up a post to let you know what I've been up to recently.
I'm hooked on making 3D decoupaged toppers at the moment . . . they are so sweet and Mr. Mojo has upped and left with regards to making finished cards, so it's a way of keeping my hands busy!!!


The image is from Pink Gem Designs . . . isn't she and her little dog adorable?
I'm sort of following the principle used by Mariska who makes cards for Sylvia Zet and Wee Stamps, sort of . . . I can't quite fathom out how she selects which little pieces get greyed out and which get left.
I figure if I keep making them the penny might drop!!!


I've cut her out using the "over the edge" technique and Spellbinder's new label die S5-157 Labels Thirty . . . love the elegant new shape.
I've also inked the die cut shape whilst it was still in the Spellbinder's die . . . it's my new favourite technique!!!

I'll probably be back tomorrow to show you some more . . . I've completed 7 and I've several more in the bits and pieces stage, lol.   Told you I was hooked, lol.

Thanks for visiting

Julie Ann x

1 comment:

Claire said...

What a fab idea hun - this topper is just gorgeous - can't wait to see her on a card. Have a lovely day. Hugs, Claire x