Wednesday 5 June 2013

Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge - #130 Birthdays

Hope the sun is shining where you are . . . it's so nice here but ssshhhh, don't tempt fate.

As always Wednesday at midday means a brand new challenge over at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge.
This week's theme is 

Birthdays

so nice and easy this week, no excuse for not joining in with the fun.

We are generously sponsored this week by:


And the prize a whopping 7 digis of the winner's choice

and

characterful Eureka Stamps


with a prize of 5 digis of the winner's choice 

and . . . Digital Delights


with a $5 gift voucher up for grabs, wow!


Now what's stopping you from entering?  Such great prizes to be won!

Onto my DT inspiration card, I was asked to work with Eureka stamps this week.  
These stamps have such character, pop over onto the site and see what my teamies came up with and you will see what I mean . . . they just can't fail to make you smile, lol!


I made an easel card this week, an old favourite type of fold, I still think they look stunning!
I started with two hot pink C6 card blanks from Kanban and cut them down to 14.5 cms x 14.5 cms.
I used digital background papers from Sassy Designs Incorporated.
Stunning designs and when there is a sale, wow, bargain prices!



I coloured it to match my background paper using Copic markers.
I've used turquoise mirror card to mat the layers.



Hot pink ric-rac (love that word, so onomatopoeic) from American Crafts was used to give a strong horizontal focus.

The Happy Birthday sentiment is from Cat's Life Press in America.
I finished the card with some flatbacked 5 mm adhesive faux pearls.
Simples!

Why not have a go yourself, join us this week at 

Thanks for visiting





2 comments:

Kelly Lloyd said...

Fanatstic layout and colours on this beautiful card Julie Ann x

Claire said...

Fab easel card hun, cute image and gorgeous colours and papers. Have a lovely evening. Hugs, Claire x