Monday 24 March 2014

Hello . . . I'm still here!

Well, it's been nearly 6 months since I posted anything here . . . life has been a little hectic for me one way or another and crafting had to take a back seat for a while.  Mr. Mojo therefore took full advantage of the opportunity and went on a long, long trip too!
But . . . finger's crossed, things are looking up, the mojo is back and I may be able to find more time for creating and blogging . . . I will see how things go.

I have been working on a few projects recently but they have taken a long time, completing a little at a time in stages.

The first completed card I have to show you is a paper pieced project featuring a Sylvia Zet digital image.  I have had her so long without using her, which is criminal, her name is Ruby and I think she is just too cute!


This is the topper about a third of the way finished which shows the inked background, the way the imaged is 'greyed' out underneath the pieces and some of the individual coloured paper pieces in their position.


Here's the topper again but this time also showing all the other small, coloured, cut out pieces waiting to be fitted into place using Pinflair glue to maintain their dimension.

This method of making a topper is soooo time consuming but I so love the results it gives.

Here's the finished card . . . 


It's intended as a Mother's Day card for my MIL . . . I know that I'm pretty safe posting it here now 'cos I don't think she follows my blog at all (fingers crossed anyhow!)
The DP's are taken from Kanban's Canterbury A4 paper pad which I was very fortunate to get before they closed their doors . . . pity, they are stunning papers so they will have to be rationed out for very special cards!


A look at the finished topper with all the little pieces in their proper place and some tiny gems and liquid pearls dotted around.  I also decided to stitch around the edge, I was just going to leave it with the holes around.


I meant to take a photo from the side to show the dimension of the topper but hopefully you can get an idea from this photo if you look closely.


A photo of the pretty bow detail, the bow is threaded through two punched slots in the card.


A close up of the glittered WOC roses and buds,  lovely aren't they, I rarely use any other flowers.  Also a look at the tab detail which is made using a Spellbinders die  and the Martha Stewart punched butterflies.

I loved making this card, I just hope that my MIL likes it!

I'm entering into the following challenges


Thanks for visiting



6 comments:

Chrissy said...

Welcome back Julie Ann and with a gorgeous card.Such a lot of work but stunning results..gorgeous.

luv CHRISSYxx

Claire said...

Well hello lovely lady, it is fabulous to see you back after so long and returning with a fabulous card too. Gorgeous image, colours and detailing. Hope to see you back a little bit more. Hugs and love, Claire x

Unknown said...

Welcome back. And Wowzers this is a stunning creation. Awesome job! Thanks for playing at glitter n sparkle. We hope to see you next time. Good luck.

OlgaB said...

Beautiful. Love the detail and layers! Thank you for joining Glitter 'n Sparkle challenge.
Hugs from Africa.
Olga DT G'nS

Amanda said...

Hi Julie, What a Beautiful mother's day card and you must have a lot of patience to hand cut all those tiny pieces. Love everything about your card. Thankyou for joining in with us at That Craft Place. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon.
Hugs Amanda

mixamatoasties said...

Stunning card. Love it.

Thanks for sharing at Dream Valley this week.

Susan