Sunday 1 May 2011

OOPS . . . forgot to mention!

Oops I forgot to mention that because it is the 1st of May, the new challenge over at Christmas Cards All Year 'Round has been posted.

It's something a bit different this time . . . a sketch from the very talented DT member, Audrey, so why not get yourself over there and join in.  The prize of a mini crafting stash has been offered by another DT member, Kat and is well worth the effort.

You have a whole month to make 5 cards; you can make 5 cards of the same design or 5 completely different ones, the choice is yours.  And remember the added bonus is ... you get a head start with all of your Christmas cards which judging the speed at which the year seems to be passing, is a definite advantage.

Here's the first of my 3 DT Inspiration Cards
Now I will admit that I did struggle a bit with the sketch but I think that was more because I left making the cards so late in the day and felt a little under pressure to come up with something.  A lesson to be learned there I think, ha, ha!

This is my first attempt at a shaker card too which probably wasn't a really good idea given that I didn't have much time.

The paper is from a lovely paper pack from Dovecraft called Winter Wonderland which comprises of papers which are all various shades of blue, wish I could still find this one, as I would like much more of it.  I'm always sorry when I use the last of an old favourite!

The image and the sentiment are from Kanban.  The largest snowflake shapes were from the Paper Mill store before they all closed down (still boo-hoo'ing about that!!).

The punch used for the navy blue stripe across the card is from EK Success, the manufacturer responsible for making MS punches and it's absolutely fab.

The brads and other snowflakes are from my stash.

Thanks for visiting,

No comments: