Tuesday, 9 August 2011

MTTC New Challenge Tuesday - "Fairy Tales"

How quickly a week passes?  Another Tuesday and so another challenge over at My Time To Craft . . . this week the theme is "Fairy Tales".

I loved making this card . . . any opportunity to break out the Stickles, lol



The cardstock is 6" x 6" so a little smaller than the cards I've been making of late.

The DP is from Kaisercraft Lilac Avenue Collection.
I've matted it onto Papermania lilac matt paper.

I've run a glitter border around the DP.

I used Stickles Star Dust on the flowers and butterflies.






I used a Tonic Pretty Petals punch set to make the 3D flowers and placed Card Candi in the centres.



The butterflies were made using a Martha Stewart punch, glittered and Anita's gems placed in the centre.








The fairy is a digital image from Pollycraft, she's so sweet.

She's coloured with Copic markers - sorry didn't make a note of the colours I used.

Liberal amounts of Stickles Star Dust was applies to wings, dress, boots and hat.




I used Pinflair glue to create a 3D effect for the fairy, flowers and butterflies.

Get yourself over the the MTTC blog and enter the challenge . . . it's loads of fun.

I'm entering this into the following:

Papertake Weekly Challenge - Grow your own
Colour Create Challenge - Pink, Green and White
Charisma Cardz Challenge #31 - Bingo (Circles, Flowers, Gems)

Thanks for visiting,

8 comments:

ahlers5 said...

Just love the fairy. She's adorable. The Stickles add such a beautiful touch.
Diane

Vicky said...

She is so cute Julie-Ann...and such a pretty layout too hun...

have a lovely evening...hugs Vicky xx

Claire x said...

Adorable card Julie-Ann - sweet image. Hugs, Claire x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Julie-Ann, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and your embellishments are perfect. Thanks for joining us at charisma cardz challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Liz's creative corner said...

Aw gorgeous cute card, fabby image and lovely use of the colours, thanks for sharing with us at colour create, hugs liz xx

Ciska said...

What a cute card, the image works perfectly with the DPs! I love your creative use of the card candi :)

Timeless Expressions said...

What a sweet card Julie Ann... the image is lovely and the colours are just perfect!

Jo xx

Karen Howard said...

Wow, this is fabulous! Love the design, embellishments and papers you used! Hugs, Karen

P.S. If you have time to stop by, I'm giving away some blog candy!