Thursday 2 September 2010

Spooky Tilda


It's Tuesday (I know it's not but read on it will all make sense I promise!!) and I'm already wishing away the week . . . I can't wait for Saturday to come around because my husband is taking me to the craft event at Manchester Central as a birthday treat. I went a couple of years ago and loved it. I have some birthday money to spend too which always helps.
I'm hoping to get some more Martha Stewart punches to add to my collection but who knows what else will catch my eye, lol?
My card today is my attempt at a T-Slide card. I found it a bit of a beggar to make at first if I'm honest because the printed know how sheets from the Internet gave instructions for doing ALL the cutting directly on a trimmer. Well, I'm a knife and ruler "kind of girl" and so it took some working out but once I had got my head around the measurements, it was surprisingly straight forward. I made a sort of prototype in basic white card last week at my craft group, who meet on a Tuesday/Wednesday night on an alternating basis and it was fine. Everyone managed it. We're doing the same this week but doing the 'real thing' this time so it will be fun to see what everyone comes up with. This card is my way of showing that it can be done in a larger format too, although if I'm totally honest the mechanism of the card is a little stiff at the moment. I'll have to work it a few more times to loosen it up a bit.
This is my first ever attempt at a Halloween card . . . the image is Spooky Tilda (but isn't she sweet?). She's coloured with Copic markers:
Skin: E000, E00, E02 and R20 for her cheeks
Hair: C1; C3; C5 and C7
Dress: YG03; YG06; YG91; BV04 and B63
Broom: E43; E50; E71; W5 and W7
Shoes: YR04; YR06 and R17
The main body of the card is a piece of silver mirror board, overlaid with a piece of black card. I've shaped the edges with a Martha Stewart 'Punch around the Page' set. The front panel is a piece of script decorated mirror board that I bought in a pack of card a few months ago from Hunky Dory matted onto more silver mirror board.

I managed to squeeze on a ribbon and a flower glittered up with Stickles Black Diamond! I've placed a green jewelled gem in the centre to give it a bit of a lift. I have finished it off with a witch's hat charm from Creative Charms. I have some silver spider charms on order which I hope will arrive before October 31st, so you never know I might substitute the hat with one of those. Well writing this on the journey into work went okay , the journey wasn't as boring as usual and I didn't have to look at the same old faces, which can get a bit 'Groundhog Day' sometimes!

P.S. Technology is a wonderful thing . . . when it works that is! Tuesday; just as I intended I wrote my post on my journey into work and I felt very smug and pleased with myself. However, when it came to getting this piece off my phone and onto my computer oh, oh, trouble. . . I couldn't find my link cable. I have looked high and low at work and at home but the little blighter has just legged it! So now all my efforts are going to be delayed which is just as well because I hadn't quite finished the card I wanted to post and events have conspired against me since with my commitments to home and work, which meant that the finishing touches and photography didn't get done. So you see it wasn't meant to be. I bought a new link cable at lunchtime yesterday so after this little false start, I'll see how I get on from here.

Thanks for reading,

No comments: