Tuesday 13 September 2011

New Challenge at My Time to Craft

Another Tuesday and another challenge at My Time to Craft . . . this week the theme is "Kaleidoscope of Colour"


This is the card I made for the DT inspiration.  The DP are digitals . . . I can't remember where I got them from, I have so many now and I'm afraid I'm not always good at making a note of where they're from.


The image is a digital too, coloured with Copic markers and Prismacolor pencils.  The image is from Whimsie Doodles and she is called "Sow Leah".  The sentiment is from Cuddly Buddly by Bits of Ivory ( I think, blimey I'm not much use today am I?)


A close up of the image.


I made the flowers out of a Tonic Petal Pairs punch out of the scraps from making the card.  I punched out the shapes, folded them together and coated the petals with Stickles Star Dust.  Card Candi centres completed each flower.  The foliage is made using a Nellie Snellen punch.


A close up of the sentiment, I used a Prismacolor pencil to add a little bit of matching colour to the outer edges.  I matted it onto matching cardstock.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Creative Inspirations #129 - Anything Goes
Inky Impressions Challenge #24 - Dress to Impress

Thanks for visiting



9 comments:

ahlers5 said...

This is so beautiful. Love all the deep, rich colors.
Diane

Joey said...

Hi Julie Ann

this is absolutely gorgeous, I love those little flowers, with the sprinkling of glitter and the gorgeous colour scheme, fab card, thanks for joining us at inky impressions

Joey xxx

Sharon Basel said...

This is a beautiful card Julie Ann! I love your kaleidoscope of colors and your incredible coloring of that sweet image. The flowers you made are stunning and such a perfect touch. Thanks so much for sharing this in the INky Impressions challenge this week!

Shelby Goolsby said...

This is gorgeous!!! Your coloring is beautiful and I love the flowers you created. I am so happy that you joined us at Inky impressions this week.

Rachel said...

Love this card and the colours you've used. Am now scouring Ebay for the flower punches you've used, they're fab and never heard of them before :)

Michele Spera said...

Wonderful color combo:-) really nice job! Thank you for joining us at Inky Impressions
Michele S.

Berry said...

This is so fab your colouring is great thanks for playing at Creative inspirations hugs Rebekah GDT xx

Cheryl Walker said...

Darling card!! Thank you for joining us at Inky Impressions this week, and hope to see you back next week :)
hugs,
Cheryl

Unknown said...

LOVE all the fun detail! Great coloring!

Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions! Hope to see you back this week!

Jenn
DT Member