Sunday 26 September 2010

Another Sunny Day!

Well we are doing well here, I've woken up to another gloriously sunny day and am appreciating it soooo much.

I didn't get to play with all my new crafting things after all yesterday but I did get a lot of Tilda images coloured, ready to make up into cards next week.  I did make a note of all the colours I used too so I am improving, lol !  I'm on annual leave from work soon too so I'm hoping to get lots of cards made. . . we'll see!

Today I have this card topper to show you.   She is Tilda with Letter.  Coloured some time ago I'm afraid in the days when I didn't have a blog and didn't note down any colours I used.

The designer paper is from DCWV "Citrus Stack".  I love their 8x8 paper stacks, as there's very little wasted.

I've used a paper doily in the background (I found them on eBay).

The shaped rectangle is made using a Martha Stewart punch around the page set called "Double Loops".  I love this particular set and use them so much.

I've sat Tilda on a little strip of blue grosgrain ribbon so she didn't look like she was floating, lol.  I've raised her up from the background on foam squares to add a little dimension.

The blue cherry blossom flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts, these are just gorgeous and not too expensive.

The white roses are from my stash.  The flowers stems are spiralled using a bamboo kebab skewer. 

Do you know that I find kebab skewers so useful.  I use them to apply glue, scratch off sticky marks, pick up small gems, etc, etc.  I've recently made a card topper with one too but that's for another day, lol.  I wouldn't be without a pack and they are soooo cheap!!

The end of the flower spirals are finished with a faux pearls and the foliage is made using a Nellie Snellen punch (which is so stiff I have to stand on it!!)

The sentiment which hasn't photographed very well reads "Sending my Love".   Its from Catslife Press in the US.
This company are amazing, so helpful and their International delivery is very reasonable and the deliver very quickly.  I would recommend them to anyone.










This is one of the last images where I've had to match the already coloured image to the background paper.  Since I have realised that it's a lot easier to pick out the papers first and colour Tilda in to match it, lol.  It took me a while to work that one out, poor me, I'm a simple soul, lol.

I'm so looking forward to my time off work and playing with my stash, can't wait to see what I'll come up with. 
I have a lot of sketches printed off from the Internet so I'm going to see what that sparks in my imagination, lol.

Well that's all for now, household duties call,
Thanks for reading

No comments: