Monday 27 September 2010

Weekend over already??


Weekend over already??  Time flies so quickly, I think I will start a campaign for a 3 day weekend, lol.

I made this yesterday from a sketch that I had printed out from the Internet.  I'm really liking sketches at the moment, they're great when you're running short on inspiration.


The paper is from a pack which was free with one of my crafting magazines
is by "My Mind's Eye" and I love the colour combinations.


The image was coloured ages ago with Copic markers so I haven't got a clue about the colours used.  The edges of the oval has been coloured using Tim Holt's Distress Ink in "Spun Sugar" and then glittered using Stickles Star Dust.

The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and as usual I have spiralled the stems and glued faux pearl beads to the ends.  The foliage has been made using green cardstock and a Nellie Snellen punch.

The corners have been embellished with pearlised flowers that I got in a pack from Tesco!!!!

The card is finished with a green organza ribbon from a pack which was also bought from Tesco . . . who'd have thought it.

I love the colour combinations in this topper and it was really quick to make. 

I'm going to try to find a YouTube video tonight though because I would love to learn how to use Distress Inks to colour these images.  I think they give different, softer look to them.  I'll let you know if I find anything useful.

I'm also looking for a good gold marker at the moment too.  I've got a Promarker pen at the moment which is good but I want a really good one which makes you go "oooooooowwww" when you look at it.


Its my craft group meeting tomorrow night and we are making a "window" card with a template and acetate so if the card is worth showing I will probably post that next . . . watch this space . . . and if it doesn't appear, you'll know that it was rubbish and it's in the bin, lol!!
Well that's all I have for now,
Thanks for reading

No comments: